Welcome to Week 36!
Welcome to another week! This is the last full week of school of 2020-21. We have concluded the scheduled state assessments, however, there are a few small groups of students who are still taking parts of these assessments this week. Students are also completing their iReady end of the year diagnostic assessments as well as their end of the year unit assessments. Many end of the year celebrations including awards ceremonies, AR reward events, as well as PBIS days will take place during these last weeks of school. Let’s finish strong!
Incoming Kindergarteners Registration and Screening May 17 and May 19 by Appointment Only
The incoming kindergarten screening starts today! Please call our data processor Mrs. Cathy Storey at 863-461-5100 to register for your appointment. We ask that our incoming kindergarten students are brought in for a screening at that time as well. Families can complete the online application packet as outlined in the OCSB Kindergarten Roundup Flyer, OR, they can come and pick up a paper packet from our school office this week. Students will NOT be registered until we have the complete enrollment packet along with all the required documents on file.
Zonewaiver Applications are Available
If you have an incoming kindergarten student but you do not live in our zone, you will need to turn in a zonewaiver for the 2021-22 school year. Link to zonewaiver applications: https://forms.gle/eoSMnSzxfKM3c8pd8
Students that are currently on a zone waiver and plan to remain at that school next school year, DO NOT NEED TO FILL OUT A NEW ZONE WAIVER.
Please Return Your Library Books
Please return all the books that you have finished reading. Our library inventory starts on Monday, May 17. There will not be any more checkouts this school year.
Grade Level APTT Meetings
End of the Year Ceremonies
School Lunch Menu This Week*
Chicken tenders / sandwiches
Taco / sandwiches
Chicken patty on bun
*Subject to change
Weekend meals continue to be served at North Elementary School! Meals for Saturday and Sunday may be picked up at North Elementary students drop off and pickup loop (south side of the school) from 3:30 to 5:30 PM on Friday.
Summer Activity Guide 2021
Looking for things to do this summer? Check out the 2021 Okeechobee Summer Activity Guide!
- 05/17/21 Kindergarten Roundup, Day 1
- 05/18/21 5th Grade AVID Interviews
- 05/18/21 KG APTT 3:30 PM
- 05/19/21 Kindergarten Roundup, Day 2
- 05/19/21 4th Grade APTT 10:10 AM
- 05/19/21 2nd Grade APTT 3:30 PM
- 05/19/21 3rd Grade APTT 3:30 PM
- 05/20/21 District Battle of the Books Event (Freshman Campus Auditorium)
- 05/21/21 AR Carnival during Specials
- 05/21/21 5th Grade PBIS Event
- 05/21/21 Family Engagement Committee Meeting 3:30-6:30 PM
- 05/24/21 5th Grade Awards and Graduation virtual ceremony
- 05/25/21 3rd and 4th Grade Awards virtual ceremony
- 05/25/21 2nd and 3rd Grade PBIS Events
- 05/26/21 Kindergarten end of the year virtual program
- 05/26/21 Kindergarten PBIS Event
- 05/26/21 2nd Grade Water Day
- 05/27/21 Early Release Day - last day of school for students
- 05/27/21 1st Grade PBIS Event
- 05/28/21 Teacher Work Day - No school for students
Self-screening is required prior to entering campus. Students exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms at school will be sent home and may return according to the guidelines from our clinic.
Raptor Visitor Intake System
Just a reminder - a photo ID is required of all visitors. Thank you!
Reports concerning unsafe, potentially harmful, dangerous, violent, or criminal activities, or the threat of these activities, can be made to appropriate public safety agencies and school officials using the following link: https://getfortifyfl.com/Tip.html. All students have access to this reporting tool on their Chromebooks at school.
Dr. Tuuli RobinsonPrincipal of North Elementary School