North Elementary School
Weekly Memo for Parents
April 22, 2019
School Library Month
School Volunteer Month
Character Trait of the Month - Commitment
Welcome to Week 33
Monday, 04/22 - Earth Day
- Mrs. Velasquez, our secretary returns today! Please help us welcome her back!
- Student Council activities to build awareness of Earth Day start today
- Tennis Unit in PE continues (grades 3-5)
- Kind Kids Club meets 3:00-4:00 PM
- OHS Seniors Grad Walk 8:30 AM
- KG dairy visit
- Beginning Band Practice
- OCMHSC Family Night at the Dr. Fred Brown Children's Health Center 6:00-7:30 PM.
- National Administrative Professionals Day. We would like to thank our administrative support staff for everything that they do!
- Battle of the Books District Competition 9:30-11:30 at the Freshman Campus Auditorium
- Tiger Band Practice
- College T-Shirt Day and NES Spirit Day
- NES Parents Informational Session at our Media Center 5:00-6:00 PM
3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents are invited to come and learn more about the upcoming Florida Standards Assessment. Entertainment is provided by Mrs. Walker and her music students.
- Student Council “Earth Out” Day - wear green and blue today!
- Earth Day Door Contest winners are announced
- District Spelling Bee 9:30 AM at the Freshman Campus Auditorium
- 4th and 5th grade FSA Pep Rally
Florida Standards Assessments in grades 3-5 start next week! Please ensure that your child is at school on time.
May 1-2 4th and 5th grade FSA ELA Assessment (Session 1 and Session 2)
May 6-7 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade FSA Math Assessment (Session 1 and Session 2)
May 8-9 5th grade FCAT Science Assessment (Session 1 and Session 2)
Other School Business
Title I Parent Surveys are open until May 3! A paper copy was sent home with your child during the first week of April. Please complete the survey at your convenience, but before the end of the month. Here is a link to the electronic version of the Title I Survey. Our school will receive free poster paper and ink for 225 completed surveys!
Additionally, FLDOE is conducting an ESE Parent Survey. The survey is open until May 31.
We appreciate your feedback!
Let’s make this a great week!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson,
Principal of North Elementary School