Welcome to Week 13!
Another busy week is just around the corner! Check out all the events and initiatives that are taking place at NES as well as in the community.
Gifted Education Week
The Florida Department of Education has announced November 1-5, 2021 as Gifted Education Week in Florida. Check out the North Elementary School Gifted Portal at https://sites.google.com/okee.k12.fl.us/nes-gifted-education/home to learn more about the program at our school, identification process of gifted students, and other resources that are available for the families of gifted students!
Fall fundraiser packets will be sent home with students on Monday, November 1. The fundraiser runs for two weeks. Thank you for supporting our school and allowing us to continue to hold events for our students!
The office of Student Services is holding a Food Drive to collect non-perishable food items to help families in need. Students can take items to their classrooms. The Food Drive is from November 1-17.
Veterans Day Preparation
Our Veterans Day program will take place on Thursday, November 11. A wall display will be set up to honor the Veteran family members of our students and staff. Wall tile templates to recognize the Veterans will be available in classrooms this week to take home and decorate. Please send the tiles back to school by Friday, November 5.
Okeechobee County School Health Advisory Committee
The Okeechobee County School Health Advisory Committee meeting will take place on Thursday, November 4th at 3 PM at the Okeechobee County Health Department Auditorium. Parents are welcome to attend!
IRSC Fall Festival
Mark your calendars for the IRSC Fall Festival on November 6!
Book Fair will be set up at NES November 8-12. Here is a link to set up an e-wallet for your child’s purchases.
Dental Sealants Program
Dental sealants program continues this week! Students who turned in the parental permission form will participate.
Accelerated Reader Goals for the 2nd 9 Weeks
- 1st Grade: 5 points
- 2nd-5th Grade: 10 points
Keep reading Tigers!
Track and Field - Save the Date!
NES will be holding a Track and Field event on Friday, November 19. Be on a lookout for the parent information flyer for participation criteria.
Reminder on Symptomatic Students
Please remember that the latest student guidelines for COVID-19 allow symptomatic students to return after:
- The student receives a negative test and are asymptomatic;
- The (10) days have passed since symptom onset or positive test result, the student has had no fever for 24 hours and the student's other symptoms are improving; or
- The student receives written permission from a healthcare provider to return to school.
Thank you for keeping sick students home so that we can keep everyone safe!
Additional At Home Learning Resources
Students can access web-based instructional programs at https://launchpad.classlink.com/okeechobee using their computer login information.
- The following programs can also be accessed via these links:
- iReady https://cainc.i-ready.com
- Reflex Math: https://www.reflexmath.com
- Accelerated Reader (AR): https://global-zone05.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/73214
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Lunch menu for this week is as follows:
Chicken nuggets / ham and cheese
Burrito / taco stick
beefaroni / yogurt plate
chicken patty on bun / TBA
Thank you Mrs. Rosemarie Wharin for always providing a weekly menu update!
- 10/25 Dental Sealants Program Starts
- 11/2 Student Council Meeting 3:15 -4:15 PM
- 11/6 IRSC Fall Festival
- 11/08 Fall Book Fair Week
- 11/11 NES Veterans Day Program
- 11/11 NES School Advisory Committee Meeting 5:00 PM
- 11/09 Progress Report Day
- 11/19 Early Release Day
- 11/19 NES Track and Field Event
- 11/19 KG Thanksgiving Feast
- 11/22 Fall Break Starts (11/22-11/26)
- 12/10 County Track and Field Event
- 12/17 Early Release Day
- 12/20 Winter Break Starts
School Board Recognitions
Pictures and information with the School Board recognitions of our students and staff can be accessed at: http://www.okee.k12.fl.us/school-board-recognition-2021-2022. Thank you to everyone who has helped us make an impact in our community!
All students have access to the Fortify FL reporting app on their Chromebooks at school. Fortify FL posters posted around campus to remind students they can report suspicious activity at any time using the app.
Thank you for allowing us to educate your child this year!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson
Principal of North Elementary School