Welcome to Week 6!
- Reading for Education Fundraiser starts! Be on a lookout for the fundraiser envelope that is sent home today. Our school receives funds for every unique contact information that is returned. No purchase necessary!
- 2nd Grade APTT 7:45-9:00 AM - parents are invited to attend this informational session about their child’s progress in class. Meetings will take place in the classrooms.????
- Last day to order items from our Fall Catalogue Fundraiser.
- Our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) will meet at 5:00 PM in the Media Center. PTO provides an opportunity for parents to have input in school business, and plan school wide events in collaboration with teachers and school administrators. We encourage all parents to attend!
- 9/4-9/28 Performance Matters Interim Assessment in Science, grades 3-5. We use the results of this assessment to drive our science instruction throughout the year
- 9/10-9/28 Kindergarten iReady assessments in ELA and Math
- 9/17-9/30 Acaletics Pre-Post Assessment in Math, grades 3-5.
- Students in grades 1-5 will be participating in the district-wide progress monitoring in writing.
Other School Business
- 9/18 PTO Meeting 5:00 PM
- Dads Take your Child to School Day is on September, 26, 2018!
NES is proudly adding a Community Outreach Project component to this special day. We'd love to allow an opportunity to have our dads and students help those in need in Okeechobee. We're calling it "Donations with Dad!" Each grade level has adopted one cause, and is accepting donations on Wednesday, September 26 for the following organizations:
- Kindergarten Families - Pregnancy Center of Okeechobee or Trails of Hope Animal Rescue, Inc.
- First Grade Families - Men of Distinction
- Second Grade Families - Big Lake Missions
- Third Grade Families - Arnold's Wildlife
- Fourth Grade Families - Pregnancy Center of Okeechobee
- Fifth Grade Families - Select a non-profit listed above to help the one of your choice.
Teachers will send specific grade level information in your child's agenda this week.
Let’s make this a great week!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson, Interim Principal of North Elementary School
Coordinator of Accountability and Assessment, Okeechobee County Schools