Welcome to Week 5!
Monday, 9/10 - Grandparents Day Celebration
- All grandparents are invited to come to have lunch with their grandchild during their grandchild’s lunch time.
Tuesday, 9/11 - Patriots Day
- Please wear red white and blue in remembrance of 9/11.
- 1st Grade APTT 7:45-9:00 AM - parents are invited to attend this informational session about their child’s progress in class. Meetings will take place in the classrooms.
Wednesday, 9/12 - Progress Report Day
Thursday, 9/13 - Early Release Day
- Students’ dismissal starts at 11:30. If you have made alternative arrangements for the pick up, please ensure that the individual picking up your child has the pick up card displayed on the windshield!
- NES School Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting will take place at 5 PM at NES Media Center. Teachers, parents, and community members are encouraged to attend. The election of SAC officers will take place at this meeting.
Friday, 9/14 - No Students; Teacher Work Day
- 9/4-9/28 Performance Matters Interim Assessment in Science, grades 3-5. We use the results of this assessment to drive our science instruction throughout the year.
- 9/10-9/28 Kindergarten iReady assessments in ELA and Math
- Students in grades 1-5 will be participating in the district-wide progress monitoring in writing.
Other School Business
- Fall Fundraiser catalogues were sent home last week. Please support our PTO by promoting sales among your friends and family members.
- NES is also collecting Box Tops! Each Box Tops is worth 10 cents. We use the money collected from Box Tops for various student incentives throughout the year.
Let’s make this a great week!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson, Interim Principal of North Elementary School
Coordinator of Accountability and Assessment, Okeechobee County Schools