Welcome to Week 8
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
Monday, 10/1 - World Day of Bullying Prevention
- Wear your Be Kind T-shirt or just a blue T-shirt to kick off the National Bullying Prevention Month
- Step Up For Students Reading Scholarship information was sent home on Friday with students in grades 3-5 who struggle with reading. The scholarships are worth $500 and can be used for summer programs addressing literacy, to purchase instructional materials that are related to reading, or for tutoring services by certified educators. NES is ready to provide these services to your child. To apply, please visit www.stepupforstudents.org/
logins/. You will need the unique FLEID for your child that is provided on the letter that was sent home. Please call our office if you need assistance, and we will be glad to assist with the application process!
- 4th Grade APTT 7:45-9:00 AM - parents are invited to attend this informational session about their child’s progress in class. Meetings will take place in the classrooms.
- There will also be a short informational meeting with 4th grade parents to discuss the St. Augustine trip in spring. You do not want to miss this!
- Health Screenings for students in grades KG, 1, and 3.
- Students in grades 2-5 will continue taking standards mastery assessments to demonstrate mastery of Florida Standards after a unit of study. For more information on Florida Standards, please visit http://www.cpalms.org/Public/
Other School Business
- Dismissal time can be hectic. Please help us by avoiding making last minute changes to how your child gets home. It is always best to put a note in your child’s agenda about the changes in dismissal procedures the day before. If emergencies arise, you can notify our front office, but please, if at all possible, also notify your child’s teacher through Class Dojo or Remind.
- NES needs parent volunteers! Please visit us to learn more about opportunities to become involved with our school!
Let’s make this a great week!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson, Principal of North Elementary School